Welcome to Bangladesh Open University Library. It is the integral part of Bangladesh Open University. Three storied separate building approximately 1568 square feet in space was started 14 September, 1994 as a central library at main campus. It has already passed 20 glories years for the benefit of distance learners.
The mission of BOU library is to provide the latest reading materials to right person to the right time. As a social organism, BOU library endeavors to introduce better service to the readers.
General Rules for Library Users
- Faculty/Officer/Staff who have membership can use the library facilities.
- BOU personnel who are serving outside the main campus can get membership.
- Membership card is not transferable. If one lose or damage his/her membership card can get new one by applying to the librarian.
- Faculty/Officer can borrow 10 books and staff can borrow 4 books at a time. Books are issued for one month. Which can renew again.
- Rare/ Reference books/journal/dailies are not issued.
- Silence is required throughout the library.
Writing or marking in books is forbidden. Any sort of mutilation will cause of replacement.
Most of the collections of the BOU Library are closely related to the university’s Curriculum and those are classified, catalogued and displayed for users. The Library resources include books, periodicals, newspapers, Journals etc. At present the users of BOU Central Library have accessed to around 32423 books, 392 title of journals, 3 foreign magazines and 16 national daily newspapers in both Bangla and English. BOU Library users can access to British council library as a corporate membership at present.
Reading Room:Library has reading rooms on ground floor and Ist floor of the library. About fifty users can sit together in the reading rooms of the BOU Central Library. Faculty can study in separate rooms named as carrol room in Ist floor. Ground floor is used for newspapers, BOU text books and Muktojudho museum. Other unit is used for administrative purpose.
- Lending: The lending procedure is done manually in the ground floor. An authorized member can get lending service only.
- Photocopy service: Photocopy services are available in the BOU library.
- Reference Service:
- Documentation Service:
- Cataloguing Service:
- Current Awareness Service:
- Selective Dissemination of Information:
Moreover on demand service is given.
Every working day library remains open at 9.00 am to 5.00 pm.
Muktijudho Corner is opened on 12 December, 1999 at BOU library. It is full of many historical documents, liberation war based books, Bongabandhu’s photographs, heroic portraits, maps etc.
BOU library is a corporate member of British council library. Authorized BOU library member can enjoy and use British council library
|Md. Mamun Hasan||Librarian (In-charge)
|Mahmud Raphael||Deputy Director||9291101-4/384
|Md.Fazlul Karim||Assistant Librarian||9291101-4/385
|Shaikh Al Masud||Documentation Officer||9291101-4/207
|MS Dipti Kana Biswas||Co-ordinating Officer||9291101-4/349|
|MS Shahana Akter||Administrative Officer|
|MS Lovely Khanam||Administrative Officer|
|Md. Arifur Rahman||Section Officer|
Md. Mamun Hasan
Librarian (In- charge)
Phone: 9291132, 9291101 – 4/Ex. 350.